Are you aware how tense you are? Where in your body are you holding your tension? What does it feel like?
A quick technique to release tension and relax.
- Anywhere, anytime, ask yourself “Am I relaxed?"
- If not, notice how you are sitting and breathing.
- Adjust your position to relive tension.
- Consciously let go on the outbreath, 5-10 times.
- Resume what you were doing.
Ignoring tension can lead to problems such as upset stomach, not sleeping well, irritable, not enjoying life and ordinary tasks seem all too much.
The more you recognise tension, the more you relax.
Meditation can be a great way for initiating the Relaxation Response.